NOCAC Child Development will ensure families are knowledgeable about Women and Family Services in their county WIC.
- At the time of application, the Family Advocate (FA) ask the family if they are receiving or would like to receive WIC.
- If the family says they are interested, the FA gives the family written information about the local WIC office.
- The Data System Specialist documents this information in ChildPlus under the Health Tab.
- Once a child is enrolled, the family is again asked if they are receiving or interested in WIC on the Health/Dental/Dietary History Form (HDD).
- If the family indicates an interest, the Data System Specialist gives a copy of the HDD History Form is given to the FA for followup.
- The FA will document follow up in ChildPlus in the Family Services Tab
- The FA will continue to follow up with a family about WIC as needed.
- NOCAC Head Start partners with all County WIC offices.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
- Health/Dental/Dietary History Form (HDD)
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|