Home Weatherization Assistance Program
Weatherization goal is to achieve results in energy savings for income eligible individuals by proving energy related home repairs and other modifications to make the homes safe, comfortable and energy efficient while reducing the heating and cooling cost paid by low-income consumers. To be eligible for this program, a person may not make over 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Eligible applicants are served in the order the applications are received per priority ranking.
The Weatherization Program benefits the community by reducing energy usage, providing client education and by improving the environment. Our Weatherization crews and technicians use diagnostic technologies such as a blower door and an energy audit to determine the most cost effective measures to use for each home. Health and Safety issues such as furnace and water heater replacement are also assessed; however funding for this is limited, and if the unit is a rental the landlord is recommended to contribute to the repair cost.
After NOCAC’s inspector performs an energy audit on the home, eligible services may include:
- Attic, Wall and Floor insulation
- Perform blower door guided air leakage reduction tests and infiltration work
- Venting of all exhaust equipment to the outside to reduce moisture issues
- Mechanically fasten and seal ductwork
- Provide heating system repairs or replacements
- Provide Health and Safety inspections and testing
- Provide emergency repairs
For more information, contact us at email@example.com or phone 419-784-5393. If you have any questions or concerns regarding Ohio’s Home Weatherization Assistance Program, you may visit their website or call the consumer response line at 1-800-848-1300.