Each classroom will be expected to provide outdoor play time daily for children. NOCAC Head Start/Early Head Start will use the Child Care Weather Watch guide when determining if the outdoor weather conditions are acceptable.
- NOCAC HS/EHS recognizes the value of children being able to exercise and express themselves outside.
- Every classroom will provide a minimum of 30 minutes of outdoor play (in suitable weather) for children at least once daily.
- Teaching staff will consider the following when determining if weather conditions are suitable for outdoor play.
- Temperature/Heat Index (25 to 90 degrees F)
- Air quality
- Consider other site specific variables
- The Center will follow the Playground Safety Policy.
- Children will be provided opportunities to play in shaded areas.
- Every Center must keep a supply of extra gloves and hats for children to use.
- The NOCAC Health Services Advisory Council has approved the use of the Child Care Weather Watch for guidance.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-17(A)(5)|
|Caring for Our Children:||184.108.40.206|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|