Families who qualify for the ECE (Early Childhood Entitlement) Program, funded by the ODE (Ohio Department of Education) are charged a monthly tuition using a sliding scale.
- The ECE Monthly Tuition is based on a family’s monthly gross income at the time of the application. The Family Advocate determines a family’s monthly income at the time of application.
- The monthly tuition payment will be shared with the family at the time of enrollment.
- NOCAC Head Start staff will have parent/guardian sign a Monthly Tuition Contract upon enrollment.
- Contracts can be found in the child’s Enrollment Packet.
- The sliding tuition scale will be applied consistently to all families enrolled who are receiving ECE funding
- The tuition payments are due on the 10th of each month. The tuition due date for September of each school year will be adjusted according to when the school year starts.
- The tuition is considered delinquent on the 11th of the month and will be assessed a 10% late charge.
- The tuition is due regardless of the child’s attendance or days of service in each month. It is based on 455 hours of service received in a school year.
- Families are encouraged to pay by check or money order. Cash is accepted when necessary.
- When NOCAC staff receive a tuition payment from a family at the site, the staff will:
- Write the parent a receipt and have the parent initial the receipt.
- Put the money and copy of the receipt in an envelope with the child’s name, amount enclosed, and initials of the parent and staff on the outside.
- NOCAC staff will give the envelope to the Center Manager who will initial and date the envelope and put it in the lock box.
- In the event the Center Manager is not present, NOCAC staff will put the envelope in the lock box and notify the Center Manager upon return.
- When NOCAC staff receive tuition payments on the bus:
- Put payment (cash, check, money order) in an envelope and seal it.
- Record amount enclosed and child’s name on the outside of the envelope.
- NOCAC Staff and parent must both initial the envelope that the information on the outside is correct
- Staff will give the envelope to the Center Manager who will count the payment with staff member and write a receipt. The Center Manager and staff member will both initial the receipt. Payment will be put back in the envelope with a copy of the receipt and put in the lock box.
- In the event the Center Manager is not present, NOCAC staff will deposit the envelope in the lock box and notify the Center Manager upon return.
- The Center Manager and a designated staff member will open the lock box together. These 2 staff will count the money, fill out a deposit slip, and record it on the Monthly Deposit Listing form.
- The Center Manager will make copies of all checks and money orders before depositing in the bank.
- The Center Manager records all tuition received on the ECE Monthly Tuition Tracking form.
- The Center Manager and the Head Start/ECE Director will maintain control of the lock box keys.
- The Center Manager will take all tuition collected to the bank daily or lock in a secure place in the event that they are unable to make the daily deposit at the bank.
- The Monthly Deposit Listing, ECE Monthly Tuition Tracking form, check/money order copies, copies of all receipts and the bank deposit slips must be forwarded to the Finance Director by the 15th of each month.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||5101:2-12-07 Appendix B|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/2017||Revision Date:||8/7/2017|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/2017||Revision Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/2017|