Transportation may be provided by NOCAC Staff to all enrolled children/families.
Transportation may be provided by NOCAC staff to all enrolled children/families for:
- Medical issues (physicals, dentals, follow-ups)
- Program related events (trainings, parent meetings)
- IEP Meetings
- When transporting a child without their parent present the Consent to Transport form needs completed by the parent/guardian and NOCAC staff persons who are providing the transportation.
- NOCAC Staff transporting a child must have the completed ODJFS #01234 Child Enrollment and Health Information for Child Care form with them at all times.
- NOCAC Staff transporting a child must ensure that each child is safely secured in an age appropriate car seat or booster.
- If a parent is present, the parent will be responsible for securing the car seat and buckling their own child/children into the vehicle.
- NOCAC will have non-expired car seats and boosters available for staff to use for medical or social service appointments as needed.
- Site car seats and boosters will be inventoried by the Transportation & Safety Specialist.
- Agency owned car seats and boosters will be inspected on the monthly site safety inspection.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1303.72|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:02-12-14|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/2017||Revision Date:||10/19/20|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/2017||Revision Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/2017|