Transportation may be provided by NOCAC Staff to all enrolled children/families.
Transportation may be provided by NOCAC staff to all enrolled children/families for:
- Medical issues (physicals, dentals, follow-ups)
- Program related events (trainings, parent meetings)
- IEP Meetings
- When transporting a child without their parent present the Consent to Transport form needs completed by the parent/guardian and NOCAC staff persons who are providing the transportation.
- NOCAC Staff transporting a child must have the completed ODJFS #01234 Child Enrollment and Health Information for Child Care form with them at all times.
- NOCAC Staff transporting a child must ensure that each child is safely secured in an age appropriate car seat or booster.
- If a parent is present, the parent will be responsible for securing the car seat and buckling their own child/children into the vehicle.
- Buses will be used as the first option when transporting participants to appointments.
- If the family does not have a car seat, a referral will be given to the family to acquire one. Staff can assist in this process with directing them to their local health department. This will take place prior to an appointment to which a child is needing transported.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1303.72|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:02-12-14|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/2017||Revision Date:||12/3/20|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/2017||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|