NOCAC Head Start staff will assist families and children who move out of the community in which they are currently served, including homeless families and foster children, and will undertake efforts to support effective transitions to other Head Start programs.
- When a family transitions out of the community in which they are currently being served:
- The Enrollment Team will assess whether or not the family’s transition is still in the program’s service area
- If the family remains in the program’s service area, available enrollment opportunities will be determined.
- If there is an open enrollment opportunity the child will be transferred to the new option.
- If there are no open enrollment opportunities the child will be placed on the wait list until an opportunity is available in the current school year.
- If the family transitions out of the NOCAC Head Start service area, NOCAC Head Start staff will assist families to locate another early childhood program that meets their needs.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.72|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:||8/7/17|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17|