NOCAC Child Development will maintain proper toothbrush care and sanitation.
- Classroom staff needs to ensure toothbrushes are properly rinsed before children put them away.
- Children may place their toothbrush in the storage container.
- Staff needs to ensure toothbrushes are kept separate at all times.
- Store with bristles to air dry in such a way that the toothbrushes cannot contact or drip on each other and the bristles are not in contact with any surface.
- Notify Health/Nutrition Assistant by email if additional supplies are needed.
- Discard and replace toothbrushes every 3 months or if one of the following occur:
- Toothbrush looks frayed or worn
- Contaminated through contact with another brush
- After illness
- Touches an unsanitary surface
- Used by another child
- Toothbrush storage container must be cleaned/sanitized weekly.
- Most storage containers can be placed in the dishwasher for additional cleaning.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.43|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-13(D)|
|Caring for Our Children:||18.104.22.168|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|