NOCAC Head Start/Early Head Start (HS/EHS) will provide a center-based environment free of toxins, such as cigarette smoke, lead, herbicides, and other air pollutants as well as soil and water contaminants.
- NOCAC HS/EHS employees, volunteers and visitors are prohibited from the use of tobacco, alcohol and illegal drugs in all the buildings on the grounds and in any NOCAC Vehicles used by the program.
- No child will be present during the spraying of pesticides or herbicides. Children will not return to the affected areas until it is deemed safe.
- All buildings will be tested for “Radon” levels per the Radon Policy.
- At least one carbon monoxide detector will be on each floor of every NOCAC Head Start Center.
- The County Manager (or designee) will test the detector monthly and document it on the Monthly Safety Checklist.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.47(b)(1)(iii)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-12(B)(3); 5101:2-12-13(C) & Appendix C|
|Caring for Our Children:||126.96.36.199|
|Other Sources:||NOCAC Agency Personnel Policies 7.00 and 7.14; Ohio Revised Code 3794.02|
|Effective Date:||5/4/15, 4/28/2017||Revision Date:||5/4/15|
|Approved By Policy Council:||5/4/15, 4/28/2017||Revision Approved By Policy Council:||5/4/15|