One NOCAC employee must have ServSafe Level 2 Managerial certificate for each facility that has a standalone kitchen.
- Level 1 ServSafe certification is the minimum needed for a NOCAC cook position.
- Effective March 1, 2017 the State of Ohio Food Code REQUIRES that every food service operation in the State of Ohio have at least one manager who has a Level 2 Certification in Food Safety.
- This does not need to be the supervisor of the site. This can be the head cook.
- If you are the head cook in a supervisory role of the kitchen, you must maintain a Level 2 Managerial certification.
- Nutrition Aide must complete ServSafe Level 1 to be considered as the “Person in Charge”.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Other Sources:||Ohio Department of Health 3701-21-25|
|Effective Date:||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|