NOCAC Child Development ensures that the size and number of servings for each child’s needs is met in the center and home based settings per their age group.
12M – 5 years
- Following the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) NOCAC will serve the sufficient amount of food to meet requirements. Second helpings are offered when available.
- To avoid food waste, NOCAC staff must be conscious as to number of children and staff at the table for the meal and if it is the first or second helping.
- Serving Family Style meals allow children to choose the quantity of each component, however when the preferred component is depleted or they have had multiple servings of an item the child can be directed to try the remaining items on the menu.
- Children ages 0-11 months are defined as “infants” by the USDA.
- Infant Meal Pattern allows on demand feeding for 0-5 months with Iron Fortified Infant Formula or breastmilk.
- Infant Meal Pattern allows at 6-11 months the introduction of Baby Food as developmentally appropriate for the child.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.44|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-22|
|Caring for Our Children:||18.104.22.168-Meal & Snack Patterns|
|Effective Date:||4/28/20||Revision Date:||9/30/20|
|Approved By Policy Council:||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|