NOCAC will make safe drinking water available to children during the program day.
- Only sources of water approved by the Ohio EPA and Ohio Health Department are used.
- NOCAC Sites that have a water supply that is not provided by a public source (ex. Well water) and have more than 25 people and/or have 15 or more water taps in the building will be monitored with quarterly water samples checking for bacterial levels. These sites are under the jurisdiction of the EPA and samples are initiated at their discretion.
- Sites with fewer than 25 people and/or less than 15 taps that do not use a public water source will be monitored annually for bacterial and nitrate levels. This annual test will be initiated by NOCAC staff in coordination with the local health departments.
- The Site Manager will work with the NOCAC Head Start Director to ensure timely testing and payment.
- Record of testing will be maintained onsite.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.44(a)(2)(ix)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-13(A)(6)|
|CACFP Regulation:||CACFP Memo SP 49-2016|
|Caring for Our Children:||22.214.171.124|
|Other Sources:||EPA, Ohio Department of Health|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|