NOCAC Head Start/Early Head Start will refer a child to the LEA (Local Education Agency) if warranted as presented by developmental, speech/language, social/emotional, vision and/or hearing screenings.
If the child received 2 or more scores below the cutoff:
- The Home Visitor (HV) will inform the family of the referral process.
- If the family agrees, the HV will complete the family the Reciprocal Release of Information (ROI) form.
- The Disabilities Specialist and the HV will develop a Child Service Plan (CSP) that will be implemented during the LEA evaluation process.
- The HV will send the ROI to the Specialist who will use the Early Intervention website to send the referral to the LEA.
- The Specialist and HV, when available, must attend all IFSP meetings with the family.
If the HV and/or family suspect a speech and/or language concern:
- Follow the Speech/Language Policy.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.33 (3,4,5); 1302.60|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:||3/18/20|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|