NOCAC Head Start will maintain appropriate ratios during all hours of program operations including nap time.
- NOCAC Child Development will determine ratios and maximum group sizes according to the majority age of the group.
- 4 & 5 year olds: No more than 20 children enrolled in any class. No more than 17 children enrolled in any double session class.
- 3 year olds: No more than 17 children enrolled in any class. No more than 15 children enrolled in any double session class.
- Under 3 year olds: No more than 8 or 9 children enrolled in any class, depending on the number of teachers.
- NOCAC Child Development will determine the age of the majority of the participants in the beginning of the program year.
- NOCAC Child Development may adjust the group’s size throughout the program year, if necessary.
- No NOCAC Child Development Centers will exceed the license capacity any time.
- NOCAC Child Development maintains a ratio of 1 teacher/teacher assistant to 10 children.
- NOCAC Child Development ensures there is at least 2 teacher/teacher assistant, approved staff member in the classroom at all times, including nap time.
- A NOCAC Child Development Staff member is not counted in ratio if they are engaged in an activity that prohibits them from active supervision of the participants.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.21(b)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:||12/20/20|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|