NOCAC Child Development implements a nutrition program that meets the nutritional needs and feeding requirements of each child, including those with special dietary needs and children with disabilities.
- During the enrollment process, the Teacher will talk with the family about any food allergies, special diet requests or other nutrition concerns that have been noted on the Child Enrollment and Health Information form.
- When NOCAC Staff identify children that have eating issues (picky eaters, over-eaters, inappropriate mealtime behaviors) or food allergies, special diet requests or other nutrition concerns NOCAC Staff must communicate with the Health and Nutrition team for consultation.
- If follow up is needed, reports will be generated in ChildPlus and Teachers/Family Service Specialists will ensure that follow up is completed.
- If the family is not enrolled in WIC, information will be given about WIC.
- Children are required to have Lead and Hemoglobin screenings.
- Height and weight measurements are completed and entered into ChildPlus according to the Height/Weight Screening Policy.
- The Health/Nutrition Assistant will monitor the growth patterns of children utilizing the Health Services Advisory Committee and CDC Guidelines on overweight and underweight and follow up with the Registered Dietician if there are concerns.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.44(a)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|