NOCAC Child Development substitutes items on the menu as appropriate for various situations.
- The NOCAC Health and Safety Assistant reviews the substitution requests then contacts the Center Cook to determine an appropriate alternate as needed.
- Teacher, children and cook choice days need to be submitted by email to the Health/Nutrition Assistant at least 3 days prior.
- The Cook/Nutrition Aide must write in changes on the menu that is posted for parents and public view.
- The Cook/Nutrition Aide will make every effort to communicate with teaching staff the menu changes in advance so they can communicate with children in accordance with the Food/Nutrition Card Policy.
- Make sure all CACFP components are met when making menu substitutions.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||5101:2-12-22|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|