NOCAC staff will count and record the number of qualified meals and snacks served daily.
- The CACFP Meal Count and the Weekly Attendance Form will contain all of the following information
- Names and birthdates of each child in the group
- Names of the NOCAC Staff members responsible for the group.
- Child’s weekly schedule
- Time of the child’s arrival and departure to the group
- The appropriate month/year will be recorded at the top
- NOCAC Staff will ensure that the correct date is recorded next to each day of the week
- Children need to be listed in alphabetical order according to their last name.
- Upon the child’s arrival, NOCAC staff will immediately record the exact time on the CACFP Meal Count and the Weekly Attendance Form using a black or blue pen only.
- Upon the child’s departure, NOCAC staff will immediately record the exact time on the CACFP Meal Count and the Weekly Attendance Form using a black or blue pen only. NOCAC Staff will put an “A” in the box for any child absent by the end of the day in red and will record the reason for the absence using the corresponding code from the Absence Code Sheet.
- NOCAC Staff will not use white out for any reason on the NOCAC Weekly Classroom Attendance and Meal Count form.
- The CACFP Meal Count and the Weekly Attendance Form will be kept for a period of one year.
- Meal counts must be taken by classroom staff at the time each meal/snack is served on the NOCAC Weekly Classroom Attendance and Meal Count form. Circle breakfast, lunch, and/or snack at the point of service.
- If a child is offered/served food but does not wish to eat, the child is still counted in the meal count.
- If a child is tardy and misses a meal, write a T in red ink over the meal missed
- If a child goes home early and misses a meal, write an E in red ink over the meal missed
- Count circles and record count on the bottom of the sheet.
- Two staff must initial at the bottom of the NOCAC Weekly Classroom Attendance and Meal Count form to show they reviewed the counts and that they are accurate. DO NOT initial without counting the circles
- Record TOTAL PRESENT for each day.
- When class is delayed or cancelled, record reason on the form.
- The Teacher and Teacher Assistant are responsible for keeping meal counts accurate to ensure proper reimbursement by CACFP and ensure ODJFS Day Care Licensing Rules are being followed properly.
- The completed NOCAC Weekly Attendance and Meal Count Form for all classrooms and Home Base are to be scanned and emailed to the Family and Community Engagement Assistant by Monday of the following week. Original forms go to be given to the Center Cook to be turned in at the end of the month to the Health and Safety Assistant.
- Failure to follow this guidance will result in coaching and/or discipline.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.16(a)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||ODJFS 5101:2-12-18(E)|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Adopted with Board & Policy Council Approvals:|
|Revised with Board & Policy Council Approvals:|