NOCAC Child Development tracks and records daily attendance and qualified meals and snacks for each participant by using the CACFP Meal Count/Weekly Attendance Form.
- The CACFP Meal Count and the Weekly Attendance Form contains the following information:
- On left hand side of forms:
- Each participant’s name in alphabetical order by last name (example: Last name, First name).
- Participants date of birth under their name.
- On top of form:
- Appropriate month and year (Ex: January 2019).
- Appropriate date next to each day of the week (Ex: Tuesday 1/05).
- Teacher’s and Teacher Assistance responsible for that classroom.
- NOCAC Child Development center, classroom, and class times.
- On left hand side of forms:
- Recording of participant’s meal count and attendance:
- Upon the participant’s arrival, NOCAC staff will immediately record the exact time on the CACFP Meal Count/Weekly Attendance form using a black or blue ink pen only in the blank section to the left of the meal letters (B, L, PS).
- When a participant leaves for the day the exact time is recorded under the arrival time, by a member of the NOCAC staff using a black or blue ink pen.
- If a child is absent an “A” is put where the in and out times would normally go. An absent code is put in the blank area directly under the meal letter(s) (B, L, PS) using red ink.
- If a participant is tardy, a “T” is put in the blank area directly under the meal(s) the participant missed using red ink.
- If a participant leaves early put an “LE” in the blank area directly under the meal(s) the participant missed using red ink.
- Meal counts must be taken by NOCAC classroom staff at the time each meal/snack is served by circling the meal letter for each participant.
- B = Breakfast
- L = Lunch
- PS = PM Snack
- If a participant refuses to eat the meal that is offered it is still counted in the meal count.
- Only if a participant is not present at the time of the meal, is it not circled and counted.
- Count circles and record the number on the bottom of the form for each meal.
- Two NOCAC staff must initial each meal. DO NOT initial without counting the circles.
- When class is delayed or cancelled, the reason is to be documented on the form.
- NOCAC classroom staff are responsible for:
- Keeping meal counts accurate to ensure proper reimbursement by CACFP
- And that ODJFS Daycare Licensing Rules are properly being followed.
- The completed Weekly Attendance and Meal Count Forms for all classrooms and Home Based Socialization are to be:
- Scanned and emailed to the Family and Community Engagement Assistant by Monday of the following week.
- Original forms go to the Center Cook to be turned in at the end of the month to the Health/Nutrition Assistant.
- A copy of attendance is kept at the center at all times.
- The CACFP Meal Count and Attendance is kept for a period of one year.
- NOCAC staff will not use white out for any reason on the NOCAC Weekly Classroom Attendance and Meal Count form.
- Failure to follow this guidance will result in coaching and/or discipline.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.16(a)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||ODJFS 5101:2-12-18(E)|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:||12/30/19|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|