- Assist the teacher with classroom activities that will enhance each child’s growth and development in all areas including: physical, cognitive, social/emotional, creativity, communications, individuality, and self-concept.
- Participate with the teacher in developing weekly lesson plans.
- Assist in maintaining the physical setup of the classroom.
- Demonstrate appropriate standards of personal health, safety and behavior management through role-modeling.
- Assist the Teacher in maintaining records and with home visits, as needed.
- Transport children to and from center and field trips, and operate a Type-A bus in a safe and courteous manner according to the laws of Ohio and the Head Start/ECE regulations.
- Teach children and parents all safety practices and rules concerning loading and unloading; crossing the street in front of the bus; fastening seat-belts while riding the bus; and acceptable bus-riding behavior.
- Follow procedures to ensure proper care of a child whose parent is not present upon the child’s return from center.
- High School Diploma or GED and,
- One year working in an Early Childhood Education program.
- CDA certification preferred.
- Must have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) endorsement or be willing and able to obtain one within 90 days of employment.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must be able to stand for periods at a time
- Must be able to work in a classroom environment that is physically flexible to the needs of children ages 3-5.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance and be insurable through NOCAC’s vehicle insurance carrier.
30 hrs/weekly – Defiance
35 hrs weekly – Bryan
$11.18 – $13.32 to start based on qualifications
Deadline for Applications
Open until positions are filled