Responsible for the functions of the Parent, Family and Community Engagement service area. Oversee the recruitment, enrollment, selection, eligibility determinations and attendance of children enrolled in the Early Head Start and Head Start program.
- Prioritize the enrollment selection as determined by the NOCAC HS/EHS program and involve Policy Council and the governing Board to approve the selection criteria annually.
- Ensure that the recruitment plan and policies are followed consistently for every enrollment slot.
- Promote interactions with families that are respectful of cultural, ethnic and linguistic diversity.
- Analyze causes of absenteeism and identify systemic issues, in circumstances where attendance falls below 85%. Initiate family support, as needed, except for in cases of illness or well-documented absences.
- Develop, utilize and maintain a strength-based and family-driven partnership that offers all families the opportunity to assess their needs and strengths and supports them in understanding the benefits of parent involvement.
- Establish collaborative relationships with social service organizations thru joint agreements, procedures, or contracts for onsite delivery of services.
- Facilitate access to community services that are responsive to children’s and families’ needs/goals as well determined by the Community Needs Assessment.
- Provide training and technical assistance to field staff at orientation, professional development days, and too individuals as needed on family and social service topics.
- Develop activities that the staff can provide to build new skills, build on pre-existing family plans or provide access to community resources.
- Provide annual Child Abuse and Neglect Training
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Family Services, Counseling or a related field.
- Two years of experience in a supervisory/management capacity, preferably in a Head Start or Early Childhood program.
- Two years of experience working with low income families, and community resources.
- Two years of experience in recognizing or assessing child abuse or neglect, preferred.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s License and maintain the state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance and be insurable through NOCAC’s insurance carrier.
- Pre-employment and ongoing job requirements as specified by the funding source and/or NOCAC policy including, but not limited to: background screening, drug/alcohol screening, employment physical.
- Must be proficient in use and knowledge of computers systems.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of low-income individuals and able to work with individuals of all cultural backgrounds and ages.
- Must maintain professional boundaries, ethics and confidentiality of program, client and staff information at all times.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Head Start experience preferred.
Starting at $17.04 per hour. 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri. Full benefits.