Website Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission (NOCAC)
Our mission is to plan, develop and coordinate services designed to combat conditions related to poverty.
Cook / Custodian – Paulding Head Start, Dooley Drive, Paulding
Come join our Head Start staff in feeding preschool children ages 3-5. We are looking for somebody who enjoys working with a team of people to cook/assemble meals, perform various custodial duties to maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen. This is a new location!
Beginning pay: $11.08 hourly wage. This is a 35 hour per week, non-exempt position.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8-3:30 (final schedule TBD)
What’s in it for you?
- Make a difference in the lives of children
- Retirement plan has a 6% match
- Accruals earned: Personal and Vacation time
- 11 paid holiday’s
- Weekends off
- Summers off
What can you bring to the table?
- A friendly, enthusiastic attitude
- Passion for helping and serving others
- Desire to learn how to cook
- Desire to keep things clean and organized
- Be insurable under the NOCAC insurance policy
- Be able to pass a background check
Minimum job qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least one year of experience cooking and working with food items, preferred.
- Must have or be able to acquire required ServeSafe Certification and be insurable under NOCAC insurance.
Who are we?
Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission (NOCAC) is a private, non-profit corporation that was created in 1965 to combat poverty in our service area. NOCAC offers innovative programs and services in the areas of Early Childhood Education; Emergency Services; Utility Assistance; Homelessness and Housing; Nutrition; Home Weatherization and Repair; Financial Empowerment; and Publicly Funded Child Care
The Promise of Community Action
Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
To apply for this job please visit www.nocac.org.