Cook / Custodian, PATH Center
Come join our Homeless Shelter staff in helping individuals facing homelessness. We are looking for somebody who enjoys cooking for a group of people. This person would be responsible for planning and preparing economical, healthy meals for all soup kitchen participants and shelter residents and for managing and utilizing donated and purchased food items utilized by shelter residents. Maintain a clean and orderly premise.
- Plan/prepare meals from donated inventory. Supplement with purchased items.
- Log all donations keeping the inventory up to date to know what is in cooler, pantry and freezer for best use of donated items in meal preparation.
- Maintain inventory records reflecting food and supply levels.
- Stack and store food and supply inventory in a readily retrievable manner.
- Establish a monthly menu, by the 15th of each month and revise as needed based on donations.
- Prepare sufficient quantities to ensure adequate servings for each person while monitoring and controlling food waste, minimizing leftovers.
- Present food in an attractive and appealing manner.
- Establish a pleasant atmosphere in the dining room area.
- Assign tasks and provide direction to kitchen volunteers.
- Maintain pantry, cooler and freezer in an orderly fashion at all times. Maintain sanitary conditions: cleanliness of equipment, supplies, clean and disinfect counters, tables, refrigerators, de-liming of dishwasher/steam & hold, etc.
- Clear tables. Load and run dishwasher and wash dishes by hand.
- Clean restrooms, storage, laundry, windows, kitchen, dining and other shelter areas. Clean and mop floors. Dust furniture. Empty wastebaskets.
- Maintain cleaning supply inventory and keep hazardous supplies locked up.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED. Experience in quantity cooking, preferred. Have or is able to obtain Serv-Safe Certification. Must be insurable through NOCAC’s insurance carrier.
40 hours per week
$10.53 – and a full benefit package
Deadline for Applications