Preparation of fun and healthy snacks and meals that are provided by the local school district or prepared on site, in compliance with CACFP, ODJFS and County Health Department sanitation standards.
- Act as liaison and communicate with partner school to ensure that seamless meal service is provided.
- Prepare the weekly grocery list for shopping and coordinate with partnering kitchen to ensure that all components of the meals are credible.
- Maintain inventory and supply stock of all non-perishable and perishable foods, as well as paper products.
- Travel to and from other sites, including pantry, to maintain inventory as needed.
- Provide guidance and direction to the children in proper table setting protocol.
- Prepare and/or distribute food to classroom/s, monitor child needs (including special dietary restrictions) during snacks and mealtime and ensure clean-up of meal service.
- Maintain and follow all program requirements, including temping food, washing food, sanitizing food prep areas, equipment utensils and dishes and maintain proper hygiene and dress requirements, i.e. hair nets, aprons and gloves.
- Clean kitchen/prep area, including routine cleaning and maintenance of nutrition equipment and prepare necessary items for the following day.
- Keep a daily record on menus of changes or additions to meals served.
- Monitor, regulate and minimize food waste.
- Ensure that all required paperwork is completed and properly submitted
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least one year of experience cooking and working with food items.
- Must have or be able to acquire required ServeSafe Certification and be insurable under NOCAC insurance.
Montpelier Head Start
20 hours per week
Deadline for Applications