Website Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission (NOCAC)
Our mission is to plan, develop and coordinate services designed to combat conditions related to poverty.
Lead Teacher – Bryan, Ohio
Join our Head Start family as the lead teacher in a classroom that conduct classroom activities and instruction for 3-5 year olds. You will have the opportunity to enhance children’s growth and development in all areas including: physical, cognitive, social/emotional, language, literacy, mathematics, science and technology, social studies, art, and English language acquisition.
The Teacher has an assigned Assistant who they will work with to:
- Create and implement lesson plans following standard curriculum, and utilizing creative activities, field trips, speakers, and other classroom experiences to achieve educational objectives.
- Establish and maintain physical setup of classroom and assure a safe, clean and healthy environment so that children are able to effectively and safely interact with their surroundings.
- Set-up new learning centers and rotate learning materials bi-weekly. Maintain and operate center according to ODJFS Licensing rules
- Demonstrate appropriate standards of personal health, safety and behavior management. (use of bathroom facilities, tooth-brushing, classroom and meal-time manners, etc.)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, school hours, 40 hours per week
Starting Wage: $15.11 / $17.28, based on educational qualifications
- An associate, bachelor, or advanced degree in Child Development or ECE –OR-
- Associate, bachelor, or advanced degree in a related field that includes 18 hours of coursework equivalent to a major relating to ECE and has experience teaching preschool children.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance and be insurable through NOCAC’s vehicle insurance carrier.
- Pre-employment and ongoing job requirements as specified by the funding source and/or NOCAC policy including: background screening, drug/alcohol screening, and employment physical.
- Must maintain professional boundaries, ethics and confidentiality; be sensitive to the needs of low-income individuals and be able to work with individuals of all cultural backgrounds and ages.
To apply for this job please visit www.nocac.org.