Housing Stabilization Specialist
Provide housing search assistance and short term intervention to help individuals and families exit homelessness as quickly as possible, move into permanent housing and achieve stability in housing.
- Accept referrals, screen and evaluate households requesting housing assistance.
- Provide housing location services to homeless persons.
- Coordinate the process to complete required housing inspections for all units prior to providing rental assistance.
- Engage in intentional and specific landlord recruitment activities. Provide support to landlords who are housing program clients to ensure that they fully understand the rental assistance agreement and opportunities for mediation of landlord/tenant issues.
- Complete a monthly assessment of the participant’s housing stability score, income and level of need to determine the amount and duration of rental assistance.
- Abide by program policies and procedures to assist in tracking and monitoring household/program outcomes.
- Meet with each participant at least once per month.
- Assist with mediation of tenancy issues as they arise. Provide ongoing tenant education.
- Maintain case files on each client in compliance with program policies and funding source requirements.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of client problems such as substance/chemical abuse, health problems, medications, mental health, HIV/Aids, legal aid, etc.
- Maintain regular contact with partner agencies to ensure equal and adequate opportunities for referrals.
- Complete monthly statistical reports as required.
A minimum of an Associates Degree in social work, human services, or a related field with 2 years demonstrated public service required. A Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related field preferred. Must have a valid Ohio Drivers’ License, maintain state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance, and be insurable through NOCAC’s insurance carrier.
32 hours per week, 9/2020 TO 9/2021 (TEMPORARY POSITION)
$14.90 – $15.97 per hour, depending on qualifications
Deadline for Applications
Open until filled