HEAP/Community Services Specialist (7/2021 through 9/2022)
Complete intake with potentially eligible consumers for the HEAP, PIPP Plus, HWAP and other emergency assistance programs and entry of data into systems. Assess the needs of clients and initiate appropriate referrals and linkage to services.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of all emergency assistance program guidelines, as well as other agency programs.
- Respond to client inquiries and requests regarding program intake procedures, program objectives, and requirements
- During the intake process assess client needs, complete application(s), obtain and review the accuracy of income verification and other required documentation to support client eligibility.
- Contact utility companies, landlords and other community partners to obtain and relay necessary information related to the service/benefit being provided to each client.
- Provide coordination and assistance to clients in crisis.
- Provide case management services as needed. Develop individual service plans with emphasis on strengthening budgeting skills.
Minimum Requirements for Education and Experience
- Minimum of an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field. Two (2) years demonstrated public service experience including intake, data entry and report completion, required.
- Experience in community resource development, program intake procedures; case management practices; family relationships; human development; dynamics of poverty, abuse, dependency and other stressors; client advocacy and linkage services; general principles and code of ethics for working with disadvantaged persons;
40 hrs/weekly, M-F
$14.05 – $15.11 hourly, based on educational qualifications
To apply for this job please visit www.nocac.org.