The Financial Opportunity Center Coached provide long-term service and support related to finances and employment to consumers. Job duties include:
- Provide 1:1 counseling/coaching to consumers related to finances, employment and enrollment in other FOC services.
- Conduct workshops regarding topics related to the FOC as a means of outreach and education.
- Develop plans of action and provide tools and resources to the client to help them meet their financial goals (budgeting, savings, credit, etc).
- Conduct a skills and training needs assessment for clients in need of a clearer career path or employment.
- Prepare clients for the job search process. Monitor job retention and employment status by maintaining contact with the client.
- Complete a Combined Financial Assessment (CFA) for financial counseled clients.
- Develop working relationships with local financial institutions, local training/education providers and community organizations to assist consumers in meeting their goals.
- Conduct ongoing recruitment of potential FOC participants.
- Must have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field.
- Must have demonstrated work experience with providing services to low-income consumers (including assessment, education, advocacy, and support).
- Experience working with community partners, preferred.