We are looking for a responsible custodian to maintain and protect our homeless shelter. The internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for a custodian, to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. This person will be helping to maintain the NW Ohio homeless shelter by performing a combination of disinfecting, dusting, and cleaning of: floors, walls, fixtures, furniture or equipment in offices, common spaces and shelter rooms.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 1-4:00pm, 15 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $10.53
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to stand for periods of time
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance and be insurable through NOCAC’s vehicle insurance carrier.
- Pre-employment and ongoing job requirements as specified by the funding source and/or NOCAC policy including: background screening, drug/alcohol screening, and employment physical.
- Must maintain professional boundaries, ethics and confidentiality; be sensitive to the needs of low-income individuals and be able to work with individuals of all cultural backgrounds and ages.
- Knowledge of use of cleaning supplies/equipment and of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components.