Custodian – Pulaski Head Start
This person will perform custodial tasks to maintain cleanliness of the Head Start Center located in Pulaski (Bryan, OH).
- Clean classrooms, restrooms, hallways, offices and other building areas. Scrub, mop and wax floors. Wash windows, walls, woodwork, toilets, washrooms and other fixtures. Empty wastebaskets.
- Perform unskilled building maintenance tasks. Replaces light bulbs and make simple repairs to building facilities. Contact supervisor regarding needed major repairs to initiate maintenance process.
- Maintain cleaning supply inventory and keep hazardous supplies in locked cabinet.
Schedule: 5:00-8:00 pm, Monday-Friday or Sunday-Thursday, 15 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $11.08
- A combination of education, training, and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification is: a high school diploma, GED or equivalent, with experience in custodial maintenance methods.
- Knowledge of custodial maintenance methods; cleaning agents and other custodial supplies/equipment; routine building maintenance methods; safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components.
- Ability to perform light manual labor for extended periods of time; stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain state minimum amount of automobile liability insurance and be insurable through NOCAC’s vehicle insurance carrier.
- Pre-employment and ongoing job requirements as specified by the funding source and/or NOCAC policy including: background screening, drug/alcohol screening, and employment physical.
- Must maintain professional boundaries, ethics and confidentiality; be sensitive to the needs of low-income individuals and be able to work with individuals of all cultural backgrounds and ages.