Cook – PATH Center (Homeless Shelter)
Come join our Homeless Shelter staff in helping individuals facing homelessness. We are looking for somebody who enjoys cooking for a group of people, 25 hours per week. This person would be responsible for planning and preparing economical, healthy meals for all soup kitchen participants and shelter residents and for managing and utilizing donated and purchased food items utilized by shelter residents.
- Plan and prepare meals from donated inventory supplementing with purchased items.
- Maintain the pantry, cooler and freezer in a neat and orderly fashion at all times. Maintain sanitary conditions during food service preparation and meal service.
- Log all donations keeping the inventory up to date to know what is in cooler, pantry and freezer for best use of donated items in meal preparation.
- Establish a monthly menu. Keep an updated and orderly recipe file for large quantity preparation.
- Prepare sufficient quantities to ensure adequate servings for each person while monitoring and controlling food waste, minimizing leftovers.
- Present food in an attractive and appealing manner. Establish a pleasant atmosphere in the dining room area.
- Follow kitchen cleaning list.
High School Diploma or GED. Experience in quantity cooking and purchasing, preferred.
25 hours weekly, Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 2:00pm.
$10.53 hourly rate
Deadline for Applications