Federal Head Start Performance Standards require Head Start programs to have a monitor on the bus at all times. This person assists the driver in ensuring the safety of children while they ride, board, or exit the bus as well as assist the driver during emergencies. Duties include:
- help children buckle/unbuckle safety restraints
- remind children to use their quiet voices while inside the bus
- respect the confidentiality of children, families and staff
- assist the driver in conducting effective safety drills for children and parents
- take time to discuss “happenings” along the way with children
- keep the bus ride fun while teaching the children good bus riding habits.
A High School Diploma or GED, pass background check(s) and physical. NOCAC offers the required training.
Defiance, Fulton, Henry, Paulding and Williams Counties
Routes can run 1.5-2 hours each (morning route is between 6:30-8:30am and afternoon route is between 3:00-5:00pm)
$12.00 stipend (per route)