NOCAC Head Start/Early Head Start will ensure the Home Based program will implement a developmentally appropriate research-based early childhood home-based curriculum.
- NOCAC will provide home-visits and group socializations that utilize a developmentally appropriate researched-based early childhood home-based curriculum (Growing Great Kids) that:
- Promotes the parent’s role as the child’s teacher through experiences focused on the parent-child relationship and, as appropriate, the family’s traditions, culture, values, and beliefs by jointly planning activities that are reflective of the child’s interests,
- Aligns with the Early Learning Outcomes Framework (ELOF) and School Readiness Goals to promote measurable progress toward goals outlined in the ELOF.
- Aligns with the Ohio Early Learning and Development Standards to ensure participants are meeting appropriate developmental milestones.
- Has an organized developmental scope and sequences that includes plans and materials for learning experiences based on developmental progressions and how children learn.
- The NOCAC EHS/Head Start Home Base Manager will monitor the effective implementation of the curriculum to ensure fidelity, and provide support, feedback, and supervision for continuous improvement of its implementation through training and professional development.
- NOCAC Head Start provides parents with the opportunity to review selected curricula and instructional materials used in the program at Policy Council.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.35(d)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:||7/31/20|
|Approved By Policy Council:||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|