NOCAC Child Development ensures that each child with a known or suspected health, dental, or developmental problem receive further testing, examination and treatment by a licensed or certified health care professional.
- NOCAC Head Start Staff provides assistance to the parents as needed to give support in obtaining prescribed medications, aids or equipment for medical and dental conditions.
- NOCAC Staff will assist families in completion of necessary Medical Care Plans.
- Dental follow-up and treatment includes:
- Fluoride supplements and topical fluoride treatments as recommended by dental professionals.
- Other necessary preventative measures and further dental treatment as recommended by the dental professional.
- The Center staff and the Disability/Intervention Coordinator will assist with the provision of related services addressing health concerns in accordance with an IEP.
- NOCAC Head Start funds may be used for professional medical and dental services when no other source of funding is available. When Head Start funds are used for such services the program must have written documentation of efforts to access other available sources of funding.
- NOCAC Head Start/Early Head Start supports parents/families in taking appropriate follow-up actions.
- Family Engagement staff and support staff enter the determination of needed whether testing, examination, or treatment into ChildPlus and keep the documentation in the child’s file.
- Follow-up plans are implemented as appropriate.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.42|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|