NOCAC Child Development will establish and maintain a Health Services Advisory Committee (HSAC) which will be comprised of Head Start/Early Head Start (HS/EHS) parents, professionals, community representatives, volunteers and NOCAC Program staff.
- The HSAC meets as an entire body one time each program year.
- During the meetings, when the entire committee is convened, the committee summarizes the area plans and offers advice and input.
- NOCAC HS/EHS parents, professionals, community representatives, volunteers, program staff and other persons identified through the needs of our local communities should be present at the meeting.
- Program staff does not have any voting rights.
- Additional meetings may be convened as needed throughout the program year.
- Purposes of the HSAC include helping the program stay abreast of current community health needs and recommending necessary interventions for children and families.
- Listed below are some activities that HSAC and subcommittees may be involved in:
- Provides input into health program planning for staff, children and families
- Assists in solving health program problems
- Evaluates the Health, Mental Health, Disabilities and Nutrition programs
- Provides new ideas for services and education
- Advises on Dental resources and procedures
- Facilitates provisions of health services and education
- NOCAC HS/EHS parents are active participants on the HSAC and are encouraged to
- Share their concerns, experiences, knowledge and feelings regarding the health of their children in the NOCAC HS/EHS Program
- Share their concerns and interests to health and program requirements and services
- Provide feedback on the utilization of health resources.
- HSAC meeting minutes include dates of meeting, attendees, agendas and topics discussed.
- The Health and Safety Manager is responsible for maintaining the roster of current HSAC Members.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.40 (b)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|