NOCAC Head Start indoor and outdoor spaces are safe for children and comply with all applicable performance standards and Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) Day Care Licensing Regulations.
- The Center Manager (or designee) will complete a JFS 01281 Child Care Playground Inspection Report every month.
- The completed inspection report will be emailed to the Transportation and Safety Coordinator by the 10th of each month.
- The original completed inspection report will be kept on file at the center for one year.
Monthly Safety Inspection
- The Center Manager (or designee) will complete a NOCAC Head Start/ECE Safety Checklist the first week of every month.
- The completed checklist will be emailed to the NOCAC Safety Coordinator.
- See the NOCAC Safety Guidelines for further guidance.
- The Center Manager (or designee) will secure a fire inspection from the state fire marshal or the local fire safety inspector annually.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-04(B); 5101:2-12-11(C)(3)|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Adopted with Board & Policy Council Approvals:|
|Revised with Board & Policy Council Approvals:|