A NOCAC Child Development employee will have a completed medical statement on file on or before the first day of employment. NOCAC will ensure staff do not, because of communicable diseases, pose a significant risk to the health or safety of others in the program.
- All NOCAC Child Devlopment employees must have an initial physical exam completed on or before their first day of employment and as their physician recommends thereafter.
- The completed original form, signed by a physician, is sent to the Director of Child Development.
- The Data Entry Specialist scans and enters the physical into ChildPlus.
- A copy of the physical is sent to the Center Manager for the employees Day Care Licensing file on site.
- As of January 1, 2018, ODJFS Day Care Licensing requires all employees to have on file written verification of being immunized against measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), pertussis (Tdap), tetanus, and diphtheria.
- Immunization records are maintained in ChildPlus and the employee’s Day Care Licensing File.
- Employees must complete the Employee Immunization Exemption Form in lieu of providing immunization records.
- NOCAC Child Development Employees need to be free of TB upon hire and as recommended by their physician, which is assumed by a complete medical exam that has been marked “physically fit”.
- The Annual TB Questionnaire will be used to screen all NOCAC Child Development Employees.
- TB guidelines are based on the Community Health Assessment and recommendation of the Health Services Advisory Committee.
- Initial clearance is documented on the new hire physical form.
- The Health and Safety Manager initiates the annual TB clearance at Fall Orientation and reviews each question to determine necessary medical follow-up on a case by case basis.
- Screening are tracking in ChildPlus.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
- Employee Immunization Exemption Form
- Employee Medical Statement for Child Care
- Annual TB Questionnaire
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.93|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-08|
|Caring for Our Children:||126.96.36.199|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|