Diapering will be implemented in a manner that prevents the spread of communicable disease and maintains the integrity of the diapered child’s skin. When a child enrolls and is not toilet trained, the teacher and family and/or Family Advocate will develop a plan to support the child’s development of independent toileting in the school setting.
- The Child should be changed immediately when wet or soiled. Staff must also follow the Potty Training as designed with the parent.
- A designated area will be established specifically for diapering that is not located in or near any food handling areas and allows privacy for the child being diapered.
- Surfaces of mats will be kept clean, waterproof, and free of cracks, tears and crevices.
- All diapers and wipes that are provided by the parent must be labeled with each child’s name and any special instructions and stored off the diapering surface, out of reach of children.
- If child is observed to have a rash or broken skin in the diapered area, the teacher will address the issue with the parent/legal guardian.
- Only NOCAC staff or the child’s parent will engage in the diapering of a NOCAC Head Start child.
- Proper diapering and hand washing procedures will be followed at all times. Post step-by-step procedure handout in diapering area.
- NOCAC will purchase all needed supplies with program funds. Families may supply own if they prefer a different brand.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.47|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-23 (C)|
|Caring for Our Children:||220.127.116.11|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|