NOCAC Staff will support families in completing child physical exams within 30 days of the child’s enrollment date.
- During the enrollment process, parents will be informed of the health requirements and encouraged to schedule their child to receive a physical examination prior to the beginning of school.
- If the family does not have a medical provider, NOCAC staff will assist the family in choosing one and in making the necessary arrangements for the child’s physical exam.
- A Health Record Form or a Well Baby/Child Exam form will be provided for the family to take to the medical provider for completion.
- NOCAC Staff will inform the parents of the importance of HCT/HGB, blood pressure, and lead blood screening.
- Physical examinations given within one year prior to enrollment in the program will be considered current.
- Prior to the physical expiring, NOCAC staff must notify the family and assist them with obtaining another physical.
- If the child is not eligible for Medicaid, or does not have private insurance, NOCAC Head Start funds may be used for payment of the physical exam once eligibility and the enrollment process are completed.
- Child Physical exams will be completed as recommended by the EPSDT schedule.
- The Child Physical Exam is valid for 13 months.
- The Family Advocate will utilize tracking procedures to ensure that each child receives timely screenings, exams, and follow-up when needed.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.42|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-15(B)|
|Caring for Our Children:||184.108.40.206|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|