NOCAC buses will be maintained in safe operating condition through a systematic preventative maintenance program following all Federal, State and local requirements.
- All school buses operated by NOCAC receive a bi-annual safety inspection by the Ohio State Highway Patrol.
- Transportation/Safety Specialist (TSS) in collaboration with certified bus mechanics arranges a fall and summer inspection with Ohio State Patrol.
- Verification of the safety inspections is kept on file in the TSS office.
- A current inspection sticker issued by the Ohio State Highway Patrol is displayed on both sides of the bus.
- No bus is put into service until it passes Ohio State Highway Patrol inspection.
- NOCAC buses will be mechanically safe at all times by completing a Daily Vehicle Pre-Trip Inspection Report form and/or Daily Bus Driver Post-Route Inspection form.
- NOCAC bus drivers will complete a Daily Vehicle Pre-Trip Inspection Report form and/or Daily Bus Driver Post-Route Inspection form.
NEW BUS INSPECTION
- The TSS will inspect the bus upon arrival to ensure it meets Ohio School Bus Construction Standards.
- Ohio State Highway Patrol will be called to schedule an inspection of the new bus for approval before it is put into service.
- The bill of sale from the vehicle purchase must be maintained on file at the center to verify compliance by ODJFS.
- Verification of safety checks shall be documented on the JFS 01230 Vehicle Inspection Report and will be kept on file at the center for review by ODJFS.
- A mechanic will complete for each vehicle.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
- Daily Vehicle Pre-Trip Inspection Report form and/or Daily Bus Driver Post-Route Inspection Form
- JFS 01230 Vehicle Inspection Report
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1303.71|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-14(E)(F)|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/2017||Revision Date:||12/20/2019|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/2017||Revision Approved By Policy Council:||12/20/2019|