Children who do not ride the bus will be signed in and signed out by the parent or caregiver.
NOCAC Staff will:
- Explain this policy in detail to all families at the first home visit.
Upon arrival, authorized caregivers* must:
- Sign their child in on the Parent Sign In Sheet
- Staff will print ChildPlus Report 2316 – Daily Sign-In & Sign-Out Worksheet weekly.
- Everyone is required to write in the date, the time, and a signature on the log.
- If arriving early, caregivers must wait with their child until the classroom starting time. Once the classroom starts, see step 3.
- Make personal contact with a staff member by using eye contact with and verbally telling them you are there and are dropping your child off for school.
- Wait for verbal confirmation from the staff person before leaving your child.
Upon departure, authorized caregivers* must:
- Sign their child out with time child is leaving on the Parent Sign In Sheet
- Everyone is required to write in the time of departure and a signature on the log.
- Make personal contact with a staff member by using eye contact and verbally telling them you are there to pick up your child.
- Wait for verbal confirmation from the staff person before leaving with your child.
*A list of authorized caregivers can be found on the NOCAC Head Start Child Pickup List Authorization form. This form can be found in the child’s file at the center.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Approved by Policy Council:||7/11/16|