Program (CACFP) Policies.
- With parent/guardian signature, NOCAC staff will complete a CACFP Application for Free Meals for every enrolled child. CACFP is the first source of payment for food purchases and supplies; following the guidelines set by USDA. Head Start funds are used to cover costs not covered by USDA in accordance with the updated Child and Adult Food Program: Meal Pattern Revisions Related to the healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010.
- The Child Development Director, Health and Safety Manager and the Health and Safety Assistant will maintain all enrollment numbers for all enrolled participants and changes in the application as needed.
- Health/Nutrition Assistant keep these forms on file
- Applications are filed alphabetically by child’s name.
- Each site has a separate file.
- Files are maintained for three fiscal years
- NOCAC follows all applicable CACFP guidelines including meal counts, use of family-style dining, etc.
- Meal counts are taken by classroom staff at the time each meal is served.
- Meal counts are not taken before or after meal service, but rather at the time of meal service (transition time of hand washing may be used).
- Copies of meal count documents are kept on file.
- Meal count is taken and recorded on NOCAC Weekly Classroom Attendance and Meal Count Form by circling appropriate letter. Each count is verified by two sets of initials at the bottom of the form, each meal, each day.
- Current USDA non-discrimination statement will be listed on the parent handbook and the CACFP Enrollment Form and updated annually by the Health/Nutrition Assistant.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.102(d)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:||3/27/20|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|