NOCAC Child Development will comply with the Child and Adult Care Food Program requirement that a parent or guardian complete and sign the CACFP Child Enrollment form for all enrolled children.
- A completed CACFP Child Enrollment form is required for every child enrolled in Head Start/EHS (HS/EHS) or ECE. This form is valid for 12 months.
- HS/EHS Funded = Child and Adult Care Food Program Enrollment Form (on goldenrod paper).
- ECE Funded = Child and Adult Care Food Program Income Eligibility Application for Free and Reduced Price Meals and Child and Adult Care Food Program Enrollment Form.
- Staff needs to ensure they are using the form from the most current fiscal year.
- This form must be signed by the Administrative Assistant at the Central Office after re-certifying eligibility.
- Parents are required to complete the CACFP form. NOCAC Staff will work with families to ensure that all information on the form is completed properly and signed by parent or guardian. Follow the instructions on the form to complete correctly.
- Child information including birthday.
- Ensure Parent signature and address is valid.
- Completed CACFP Child Enrollment forms will be reviewed by the Manager before being sent into the Health Data System Specialist at the Central Office.
- The Health Data System Specialist will review for complete information and categorize the participant in ChildPlus as free, reduced or paid.
- Incomplete paperwork will be returned to the site for completion.
- Any child that has a valid Case Number in Part 2 of the Income Eligibility Application is automatically categorized as “FREE”.
- Health Data System Specialist will ensure all participants enrolled have a complete enrollment form by notifying center staff via email.
- NOCAC Child Development will not claim meals for CACFP reimbursement without a completed CACFP Child Enrollment form on file.
- Child meals may be claimed in rears of existing month of signature to the first of the month with a completed form.
- CACFP Enrollment forms must be completed annually.
- The Administrative Assistant will route the CACFP Child Enrollment and Income Eligibility Forms to the Health/Nutrition Assistant or file them in designated secure filing cabinet located in the Health/Nutrition Assistant’s office.
- The FCE assistant will notify the teacher/HV, center manager, and health data system specialist when the ChildPlus system alerts her of “children missing default CACFP status” while she is entering weekly attendance to ensure all participants have a current and valid enrollment form on file.
- The Family and Community Engagement Manager will notify the Administrative Assistant and Health/Nutrition Assistant when there is a funding change for a participant throughout the program year from ECE to HS or HS to ECE.
- Enrollment forms must be maintained on file by NOCAC Child Development for three years beyond the current fiscal year.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
- Child and Adult Care Food Program Enrollment Form
- Child and Adult Care Food Program Income Eligibility Application for Free and Reduced Price Meals
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|