NOCAC Head Start will do bus evacuation drills each month the program is in session.
- NOCAC Child Development drivers and staff will complete a bus evacuation drill each month.
- Front Evacuation
- September, December, and March
- Rear Evacuation
- October, January, and April
- Combination Evacuation
- November, February, and May
- Front Evacuation
- Three NOCAC Head Start staff members must be present to perform a bus evacuation drill (one person can be the bus monitor)
- The driver will document the evacuation drill on the yellow and white copy of the Bus Evacuation Drill.
- Fill form out completely each time; the three staff who helped with the drill must be listed on the form.
- The yellow form will stay on the bus at all times for monitoring review.
- The white form must be turned into the Transportation/Safety Specialist (TSS) by the 10th of each month. The TSS reviews and records the evacuation, it will be returned to the driver.
- The TSS will not accept scanned, emailed or faxed Bus Evacuation Drill Forms.
- NOCAC Child Development bus drivers and bus monitors are trained on bus evacuations by the TSS or designated On-Bus-Instructor during initial CDL training.
- Bus evacuation training is documented on the T9 form.
- NOCAC Staff with a CDL receive training annually during the annual 4-hour Transportation Orientation.
- NOCAC Staff without a CDL and bus monitors hired after the annual transportation orientation are trained within the 90 day probation period.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1303.74|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-14|
|Caring for Our Children:|
|Effective Date:||8/7/2017||Revision Date:||12/20/2019|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/2017||Revision Approved By Policy Council:||12/20/2019|