Clean, sanitary drinking water is readily available indoor and outdoor throughout the day.
- Drinking water must be available in classrooms, on the playground and any other play area used by the children and staff.
- Children should be allowed to serve themselves as needed. Each child’s water needs will vary depending on the time of day, activity level and temperature.
- Drinking fountains, where available, must be properly cleaned/sanitized on a regular basis and properly maintained for drainage and sufficient pressure.
- Water is not to be used as a substitute for milk at meals or snacks.
- The classroom schedule will reflect a designated water break.
Forms and Additional Guidance:
This policy complies with the following
|Head Start Program Performance Standard:||1302.44 (a)(2)(ix)|
|ODJFS Child Care Manual:||5101:2-12-22|
|CACFP Regulation:||Healthy Hungry Free Kids Act|
|Caring for Our Children:||22.214.171.124|
|Effective Date:||8/7/17||Revision Date:|
|Approved By Policy Council:||8/7/17||Revision Approved By Policy Council:|