Summer Crisis Program
Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission is announcing the start of the 2021 SUMMER CRISIS PROGRAM (SCP) for Defiance, Williams, Fulton, Henry, Paulding, and Van Wert Counties.
The focus of the Summer Crisis Program is to provide assistance with electric utility bills, central air conditioning repairs, and air conditioning unit and/or fan purchases. Households with a household member who is either 60 years of age and older, has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or has a certified medical condition, and households who have a disconnect notice, have been shut off, or are trying to establish new electric service may be eligible for assistance. Ohioans enrolled in the Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus (PIPP) Program are eligible for assistance towards their default PIPP payment, first PIPP payment, central air conditioning repairs, or may receive an air conditioning unit and/or fan. The Program begins JULY 1, 2021 and runs through SEPTEMBER 31, 2021.
Who is eligible?
Ohioans with a household income at or below 175 percent of the federal poverty guidelines and have a member of the household who is at least 60 years old, has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or can provide physician documentation that cooling assistance is needed for a household member’s health, or households who have a disconnect notice, have been shut off, or are trying to establish new electric service.
How do I schedule an appointment?
Schedule Online or call our 24 hour appointment hotline at 419-219-4641
What should I bring to my appointment?
All applicants MUST provide the following documentation when coming to the appointment.
- Proof of all income for the previous 30 days or 12 months for all household members. (Includes wages, child support, Social Security benefits, unemployment, etc,)
- Copies of your most recent energy bills
- Proof of disability (if applicable)
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or legal residency for household members
- SS cards and birthdates of all members in household
- Physician documentation that cooling assistance is needed for a household member’s health (if there isn’t a household member over the age of 60)